With the Samsung SmartThings water leak sensor, one can monitor water leaks at home or workplace. To prevent it from turning into a flood, an instant notification is received on the phone.
This helps in managing things better. Moreover, one can also regulate temperature and moisture through the Samsung SmartThings water leak sensor. First and foremost, it requires you to set up and pair water leak sensor with SmartThings App.
Also Read: Guide to Use Home Sharing on your iPhone or iPad
Read the step by step procedure to know how to place and pair the sensor with the App:
- Pair Water Leak Sensor With SmartThings App
- Place the sensor at the proximity of 12 to 15 feet or within 5 meters of SmartThings Hub.
- Open the SmartThings App.
- Go to ‘Add device Manually’.
- Scan the QR code with the code stick on the back of the sensor.
- The app starts finding the scanned device.
- When found, one can change the device name. Although it’s not mandatory to rename the device.
- Tap ‘Save’ and then ‘Done’.
Now simply place the sensor near the water storage where the leak is expected and needs to be prevented. When the leak detected, it sends an immediate notification to your phone.
How To Reset Water Leak Sensor
- Long press the connect button on the Water Leak Sensor.
- When the red light blinks, relieve the connect button.
- While attempting to connect, the lights turn partially red and green.
- When reset, the light turned off.
* Don’t know where the connect button is? – It’s a small dot like button found at the centre beneath the sensor.
Technology is evolving with each passing day, as a result, we’re gifted with SmartThings which is a wonderful platform demonstrating the perfect piece of technology developed for making a home smart. One among them is the water leak sensor that notifies the user to detect leak for an early cure. Hopefully, the process of pairing and resetting the device is clear. For further questions, feel free to write in the comments.
Hey! I’m David Perry, 24, American national. Studied software development due to my gusto for technology. Started this blog for writing on the latest tech, Newest App stores, Android, iOS, Windows, & related topics.