If you possess Amazon Echo, it is not restricted to just playing your favourite tracks, handling alarms, furnishing with the weather forecast and letting you listen to audible audio-books. It even works more than that, as it aids for operating your Philips Hue light as well. All you need is to ask Alexa to turn on and off the lights and you are done. Not just this, it will also control the brightness and will change the brightness as per your command from dim to medium to full bright.
You can also relish the themed lighting as per your mood or occasion. Let’s check out how you can connect Philips Hue Lights with that of Amazon Echo.
The procedure is as follows-
How one can connect the Echo with Hue lights
One should initially connect Hue lights with Echo device. Hence, to commence this task, initiate with the Alexa App that works for both iOS and Android. Let’s see how could you connect the Echo and Hue lights, the steps are as follows-
- First of all, you need to download the ‘Amazon Alexa app’. The same application plays the role while setting the Echo.
- Launch the app you just download.
- Next, you can see an icon with three lines situated at the top left, hit it.
- Hit on the section “Smart Home”.
- Then hit on “Add Device”.
- Now you’d find the entire results of the smart home devices, encompassing the ‘Hue lights’ as well.
How to set up groups with the aid of Amazon Alexa App
In that of the smart home section, you can place the groups which help in the control of multiple lights at the same time. Let’s check out the steps by which one can set groups via Amazon Alexa App.
- First of all, open up the app “Amazon Alexa”.
- Now you can see an icon with three horizontal lines situated at the top left.
- Next, you need to hit on the section, “Smart Home”.
- Then, hit on “ Groups”.
- Now simply hit “ Create New” and you’ll have certain options to opt for the group name or you can create by your own.
- Now opt the echo device that is quite near to light group and also opt for the lights that you desire should be incorporated in that group.
How to enable Hue skill to the added functionality
Once you are done with the above steps, Hue lights will instantly get detected by your Echo.
- Firstly, you are required to hit the icon depicting three horizontal lines which are situated at the top left.
- Now hit on “skills and Games”.
- Type “Hue” in the search box and hit “Search”.
- From the Philips Hue options, opt for “Hue”.
The Bottom Line
The Amazon Echo device with the aid of Alexa’s commands not only switch on and off the lights but perform many functions. It’s a step to make your smart home smarter. Hence, if you want to connect Philips Hue lights with that of Amazon Echo, then follow the above-mentioned steps and it’s easy. You can then easily operate your Philips Hue lights with just your voice commands.
Hey! I’m David Perry, 24, American national. Studied software development due to my gusto for technology. Started this blog for writing on the latest tech, Newest App stores, Android, iOS, Windows, & related topics.